Litecoin (LTC) is one of the oldest and most primitive cryptocurrencies, after Bitcoin which was founded way back in 2011. The digital asset which was a tough competitor to Bitcoin always secured its place within the top cryptocurrency list.
Interestingly, the founder of Litecoin announced the project on a popular Bitcoin forum and termed it as a ‘Lite version of bitcoin’. And hence share similar features as the most dominant crypto. However, this altcoin owes to bypass limitations like lower mining and transaction speeds.
With developmental upgrades such as the Mimble Wimble upgrade, the altcoin aims to contradict persistent setbacks. Are you one of the many keen on the price predictions of LTC? Fret not, as this write-up illustrates the feasible targets for 2022 and beyond!
- Litecoin (LTC) Price Prediction For 2022
- LTC Price Prediction For Q3
- Litecoin Price Prediction For Q4
- LTC’s Price Forecast For 2023
- Price Projection Of Litecoin For 2024
- Price Trajectory For 2025
- What Does The Market Say?
- What Is Litecoin (LTC)?
- Fundamental Analysis
- Our Litecoin Predictions
- Historical Market Sentiments
|Market cap||$ 3,686,112,664.0000|
|Trading Volume||$ 0.0000|
|All time high||$ 410.2600 May 10, 2021|
|All time low||$ 1.1500 Jan 14, 2015|
Litecoin (LTC) Price Prediction For 2022
|Potential Low||Average Price||Potential High|
Litecoin had made its way to 2022 in a downtrend, with a starting price of $148.5. Upon a push, the price fell to $123.1 by the 10th of January. Whilst the asset did pose a leg-up to $153.3 over the week. LTC price took a steep plunge to its support at $109.6 by the 22nd of January. The altcoin was seen sticking to its support until the 4th of February.
However, turbulence in the business coming from the geopolitical tussles between Ukraine and Russia. Anxiety around FED’s rate hike, and concerns about PoW chains. Pushed the price of LTC to its support levels. After it moving sideways, until the 18th of March. The price started to soar gradually and managed to close its quarter at $133.4.
The second quarter for Litecoin has been no different than the broader industry. The turbulence in the business has dragged the price of LTC by over 58% since the beginning of the quarter. Successively, the altcoin has dropped from $125.12 on the 1st of April, to present levels of $52.37.
LTC Price Prediction For Q3
LTC would need to gather steam, in order to generate higher highs, which could propel the price to $59.02. With a spike in transaction volumes and adoptions, the price could hit a maximum of $64.01. On the downside, falling volumes and negative criticism could close the quarter with a bearish note at $46.69. That said, constrained by linear propulsion, the average price could land at $55.79.
Litecoin Price Prediction For Q4
If the price of Litecoin sees bullish social volumes in view of the fourth quarter. The price of the altcoin would claim its potential high of $82.67. Whilst negative sentiments and a falling adoption rate could end the year at $59.02. Factoring in the bullish and bearish targets, LTC could settle with a regular price of $71.98.
LTC’s Price Forecast For 2023
The year 2023 is crucial for Litecoin, as the next LTC halving event could take place in the periphery of the year. Provided things go as planned, with newer adoptions and collaborations, the price could shoot to $127.34. However, the network not standing up to the expectations of the fraternity could result in the price taking a dip to $74.28.
Price Projection Of Litecoin For 2024
If the team behind Litecoin roll out major developmental upgrades such as that of MWEB. The protocol would find more buyers and adopters. In such a case, the price of LTC might hit its potential high of $189.49. On the flip side, ebbing stance and stiffer competition might leave the price at $99.78.
Price Trajectory For 2025
Its current price range can attract many traders, as it is feasible when compared to Bitcoin in all possible aspects. Further, if the network succeeds in lowering the block time, it can even move heads on with Bitcoin. Therefore, with major collaborations with financial institutions, Litecoin can soar up to $326.16 if the above set conditions are met.
However, anxiety regarding newer regulations continues to persist among LTC users. If the market experiences a similar crash in the coming years, Litecoin’s price can wipe down greatly to $167.32. But considering that long-term investors will stick to the currency. The average price at which LTC might trade by the end of the next five years is $250.77.
|Year||Potential Low||Potential High|
What Does The Market Say?
1) Trading Beasts:
According to Trading Beasts, by the end of 2022, LTC could trade around with an average price of $55.699. And with an accelerated rally, the price may also shoot up to $69.623 by 2022. Trading Beasts expects, the LTC price to chug up to a maximum of $95.215, by the end of 2025. The firm expects the average and minimum possibilities at $76.172 and $64.746.
2) Long Forecast:
Long Forecast predicts that Litecoin will trade with a maximum price tag of $34.6 by December 2022. And by the end of 2023, the price could settle at its potential high of $38.9. The price is expected to decline and maintain a narrow trend until the end of 2025. Which could land the maximum price at $45.7.
3) Digital Coin Price:
According to Digital Coin Price, Litecoin could trade around its regular price of $68.02 by the end of 2022. Further, the price may trade around its potential high of $84.5 by December of 2023. The firm anticipates Litecoin’s price to close its trade for 2025, with a maximum price of $108.66.
4) Wallet Investor:
As per Wallet Investor’s forecast, by the end of 2022, LTC could trade around an average price of $93.828. And with an accelerated rally, the price may also shoot up to $161.662 by 2022. However, the firm cites that, the LTC price could chug up to a maximum of $224.596 by the end of 2025. Where the average and minimum possibilities are at $159.095 and $224.596.
Gov.Capital predicts that, by the end of 2022, LTC could trade around with an average price of $72.08. And with an accelerated rally, the price may also escalate to $82.892. That said, the analysts from the firm, expect LTC to close its trade for 2023 and 2025. With a maximum trading value of $245.887 and $672.031 respectively.
To read our price forecast of Zilliqa (ZIL) click here!
What Is Litecoin (LTC)?
Sharing similarities with Bitcoin, it works on a Proof-of-Work consensus mechanism. But the platform involves complex computational algorithms to mine blocks. That is then fastened to the blockchain of the network, which is a public ledger. For mining, the platform uses the Scrypt protocol which helps in maintaining extra decentralization.
Also, powering confidential transactions, Litecoin turned out to be the network that proved every participant can exchange currencies with zero cost. Every transaction made on the blockchain remains irreversible and gets stored there forever. Like conventional blockchain technology, literally, nobody has edit access to the data/transaction on the Litecoin blockchain.
Also, in rare conditions where currencies may be looted, the network has a trace print which makes identifying the hacked currencies easy. LTC is the network’s native currency and is in use within the network for providing rewards or incentives to the miners. Outside the frame, Litecoin acts as a medium of exchange and is proving to be a stable and inexpensive asset.
Litecoin is a peer-to-peer cryptocurrency developed in 2011, by Charlie Lee, a former Google employee. The cryptocurrency was created based on the Bitcoin protocol. But it differs in terms of the hashing algorithm used, hard cap, block transaction times, and a few other factors. Litecoin was released via an open-source client on GitHub in the year 2011.
The Platform is more accessible to people than Bitcoin. Hence known as the “silver” of the crypto world whereas Bitcoin is referred to as the “gold” of the crypto world. It makes micro-transactions possibly quick and has a block time of just 2.5 minutes. Note that Bitcoin has a block time of 10 minutes.
Litecoin has had multiple partnerships on board over the years, aiming for the expansion and utility of its digital currency. Some of the notable collaborations are with UFC Octagon, in 2018, Miami Dolphins(NFL, USA), and NordVPN. Lately, Litecoin also partnered with Cred, a prominent crypto borrow and lending platform. The network hit another milestone when Venmo, the second most famous US financial app launched Litecoin on its platform.
Our Litecoin Predictions
According to Coinpedia’s formulated Litecoin price prediction, several recognized institutions could invest and accept LTC as a payment. It is a possible reality because of the fact that LTC lowers transaction speeds and costs, which seems appealing.
If the coin gains some hype in the coming months in this case. The LTC price can strike a high of above $82 in 2022 in case of a bull rally. But with rising controversies on PoW as well as the fact that certain collaborations like (Litpay) have withdrawn. Litecoin can drop to $60 by the end of 2022.
Historical Market Sentiments
- The coin was launched on October 11. Initially, its price was very low, at about $3 for quite a long time.
- Only in November, the price had a significant price movement. LTC jumped three times higher and hit $40 within a few days.
- However, in May Litecoin dropped to $10 and then in October to $3 per coin.
- Then the crypto was seen trading between $1 and $4 for three years, until 2017.
- The announcement of the SegWit protocol in March pushed the price to $16.
- Then in May LTC launched the protocol which pushed the price to $30.
- Later LTC achieved $70 in September and then went back to $40. The bullish trends helped LTC close the year at $250.19.
- LTC started the trade at $244.09 by early January but plunged to reach the low of $116.46 in April.
- Later by mid-December, LTC shockingly dropped to $24.50. Further, the price started to pour and managed to reach $28.74 at the end of 2018.
- In 2019 Litcoin continued its price growth by trading at $31.94 in early January.
- Surprisingly, the price followed an upward movement to reach $141.38 by the end of June as Bitcoin’s price hit $12,000.
- The price again started to slide further and was seen trading at $42.23 by the end of 2019.
- It started the year at $41.67 and doubled to over $80 in February.
- The heat started to exit the market quickly and LTC was not immune from the mid-March crypto flash crash.
- In the first month of Q2, LTC had started to trade at $39.84. Later, the price started to improve steadily.
- With certain price swings, LTC reached $66.65 by mid-August and plunged further.
- Following the expansion of Bitcoin’s price rally, LTC was trading around $87 by the end of November.
- Post the price surge, LTC ended the year at a trading price of $128.
- Litecoin had resumed the year, with a trading value of $132.32.
- By the mid of February, the price surpassed $200, and further reached the yearly highs at $335.
- Following the May 19th market crash, LTC price plunged heavily and hit $107.46 on July 20th.
- The asset reached a peak of $278.01 in the second supercycle yet failed to hold the above resistance.
- That said, the annual trade for 2021, was closed with a price tag of $153.3.
Click here to read our in-depth price prediction of Tron (TRX)!
A: Yes, Litecoin can be a good investment option, if you are considering it for the long term.
A: Yes, Litecoin can be halved, it was in 2019 when it had completed the halving procedure. The next LTC halving event can take place in 2023.
A: The price of LTC could possibly reach its maximum of $82.67, by the end of 2022.
A: Litecoin’s price could hit its average price of $250.77, by the end of 2025.
A: Litecoin can be traded across exchanges like Binance, Bitrue, Coinbase Pro, OKEx, and HitBTC, amongst others.